Chiropractic and Your Child
Many people wonder why children need Chiropractic care. From the time life begins we are exposed to stressors. These stressors can come in the form of toxins while in the womb, trauma during the birth process, childhood falls, poor posture, and unhealthy food to name a few. Stress can cause interference to our precious nerve system, hindering our ability to function at our best. Chiropractic care serves to release interference from the nerve system. It does not matter how big or small we are, we can all benefit from having a nerve system which functions at 100%!
Reasons why parents take their children to see a Chiropractor:
- Enhances their child's overall health and wellbeing
- Aids with their child's proper growth and neurological development
- Strengthens their child's immune system and reduces the frequency and duration of illness
- Helps improve their child’s posture
- Keeps active kids stay flexible in sports
- May improve symptoms of: colic, ear infection, asthma/allergies, bed wetting, sleep difficulties, constipation and many other childhood conditions
Did you know?
A Chiropractic adjustment for a child is very gentle.
We use a light pressure, no more than you would apply to check the ripeness of a tomato!
Children grow at an incredible rate. As their bodies grow, so can any problems that are developing. Childhood is the time that simple, temporary problems can become permanent. As the old saying goes, “As the twig is bent, so grows the tree.” Do not allow your child to remain “bent.”
The National Safety Council reports in a study of 536 children that 50% had fallen head first from a high place in the first year of life.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care during Pregnancy
- Prepares your body for easier pregnancy and birth by creating balance in your pelvic bones and muscles
- May decrease low back or pubic discomfort
- Removes tension on your ligaments which lessens intrauterine constraint
- Enhances your vital nerve system which controls and coordinates all of your body’s systems and functions Allows for a safer and easier birth with decreased potential for intervention
The Webster Technique:
The Webster technique is a specific chiropractic analysis and adjustment that reduces nerve system stress, balances pelvic bones, muscles and ligaments and optimizes the mother’s pelvic function in pregnancy and birth.
- Williams Obstetrics tells us that difficult labor is caused by inadequate uterine function, pelvic imbalance, and baby mal-presentation.
- Doctors of chiropractic are seeing that sacral adjustments may improve uterine function, balance the pelvis and reduce tension to pelvic muscles and ligaments.
- When balance is restored to the mother’s pelvis, her uterus and pelvis function better. This reduces undue stress to moms ligaments and muscles making pregnancy and birth more comfortable.
- Pelvic balance also allows the optimal space for baby to grow
Dr. Lauren Yeager is Webster Certified with the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association (ICPA).
Can Chiropractors Turn Breech Babies?
Safer Birth With the Webster Technique